Based in Bath, although remote working may be possible
Procorre are acting on behalf of a hugely exciting exclusive client of ours GA Energy, a bespoke energy law service, offering specialist energy legal advice and support tailored to meeting individual client’s needs. GA Energy was launched by GA Solicitors, a long established, leading South West law firm, in December 2019 and after a hugely successful 12 months GA Energy are looking to recruit a Property Solicitor, to join the team based out of the Bath office. The role can have an element of remote working as well as travel to networking events, conferences and meetings (COVID dependant).
Reporting directly to the Head of GA Energy you will be tasked to assist in the delivery and implementation of the energy team’s business plan. You will be responsible for title investigation, preparing reports on titles across potential development sites, drafting of leases, transfers and easements.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working within renewable energy or a genuine interest to move into the sector. You will be 2-5 years PQE with a real desire to come in and bring value from day one. You must have a successful track record within property and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, be naturally inquisitive and have a logical approach to complex facts and objectives.
Responsibilities of the Property Solicitor:
- Take initial calls and new enquiries, create new files including client due diligence and file set up on GA’s case management system
- Land Registry work including investigating title, preparing land ownership plans, pre completion searches and post completion registrations
- Research including looking up Land Registry and SDLT guidance and practice guides
- Drafting documents (depending on experience) including options, leases, licences, deeds of variation, deeds of surrender and reports on title and preparing 1954 Act Notices and Declarations
- Submitting SDLT returns and Welsh LTR
- Keeping up to date with Bath and Bristol business networking events, as well as assisting in organising and attending BD events
Required Skills, Qualifications & Personal Attributes of the Property Solicitor;
- A genuine demonstratable interest in the renewable energy market
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and to prioritise
- Legal research skills
- Ability to communicate legal information in a way which is clear and easy to understand
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills