Offshore Wind – O&M / Operations / Control Room experience – Senior Hire
I am working exclusively on a genuinely unique opportunity working in the offshore wind sector. It is a brand-new role, you will not be filling someone else’s shoes, and is of strategic importance. If you have extensive experience in offshore wind (O&M / Operations / Control Room for a developer or owner) and a genuine passion for the industry then I would be keen to talk with you to explain in more detail. The role will be a career change but will keep you within the offshore wind sector and will utilise the knowledge you will have built up over the last ten+ years.
The business is a software company (but please keep reading even if that is not what you were expecting). They employ over 1000 people in 50 countries, they have a significant footprint in offshore wind, mainly within marine navigation, but see huge potential to expand their services further. They need help to take advantage of these opportunities. This role is all about your industry knowledge not about software knowledge. In simple terms they need someone with the experience to advise them on how process and procedures within the sector can be improved and they will then build the software to enable those improvements; although there is a little more to it than that. They are particularly interest in knowledge of O&M, Operations and Control Rooms. You will be the point of contact between the offshore wind industry and the business. You will have a significant and strategic impact on the direction the business takes.
- Liaise with clients in the industry to understand their problems and issues.
- Ensure you continue to be a domain expert on processes used to operate offshore wind by visiting clients, attending trade shows and keeping up with industry developments.
- Be ‘the face’ of the company.
- Collate customer comments and pass this onto the business with your own thoughts.
- Liaise with sales, marketing and product development teams.
- Help write tenders.
- A minimum of 5 years working in the offshore wind industry.
- Probably an engineering background, although this is not essential.
- Ideally you will have worked in more than one role giving a broad understanding of the sector.
- A quick learner who is excited by the challenge of their career taking a different direction.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A confident personality and an ability to influence.
- A willingness to travel when required.
Salary is negotiable and is dependent on experience. You will be home based in the UK with travel.
This is a chance to consider a career change whilst still utilising all the knowledge you have built up in your career. If you have read this far I have obviously piqued your interest – If you apply I will happy chat about the role in more detail and answer the multiple questions I am sure you have before we take things further.